Home


Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gratitude Day 7

Today's Thankful Project prompt is a job.
I'm thankful for my old job at Acme Markets. I worked in the bakery department. First only baking products but then I learned how to decorate cakes. And from there I decided to go to school for cooking and taught myself how to decorate cakes using fondant. I now do cakes for my family and friends and hope that one day I will be able to have my own business doing cakes. Making the cakes for my family and friends has also brought my brother and I closer, since he's my assistant in the kitchen while decorating. I could one day see my brother and I on one of those food network cake challenges. So when I look back on my job at Acme I'm thankful that I had that opportunity, without it I might have never discovered my talent and passion for the culinary arts!


Cake I made for my 2nd cousins first birthday.                       This one was for my co-workers wedding

Keep Calm and Eat Cake
Peggy 

No comments:

Post a Comment