Home


Sunday, November 3, 2013

Keep calm????

HELLO PEOPLE OF BLOG LAND!!!!!!!

I imagine that's what I would say if this were a concert! Speaking of concerts, I am missing my favorite artist's show right now. That would be Josh Groban. So I'd thought I would share my amazing experience from the last time he was in Philly. 

It all started in March of 2011 when I found out he was coming to Philly in July of that year. I told my brother Greg about it and he bought me the tickets as an early birthday present. (My birthday is in August). Some months later I enter a fan club contest (yup I'm one of those) to win to be the official fan club reporter. Then a few days before the concert I decided to check an email account that I really don't use any more. And to my surprise I had an email from the FOJG fan club saying I wasn't picked for the reporter but I won a meet and greet. At first I thought it was a joke and screamed for my brother to come to the computer. (He thought I was yelling about a spider). We read it and realized it was legit. I was super excited but at the same time thinking what the heck am I gonna say to him. Knowing that he accepts gifts from fans I made 2 shirts. One that I printed a pic of him and wrote "I met Josh Groban" with the date and city and the other a picture of me and saying " I met Peggy Mourer " with the date and city. 

Concert date came and we headed down to the Wells Fargo Center really early. We met up with some of the girls from the fan club and finally got our passes and tickets from will call. While we were waiting we found an open door to the center and could hear Josh doing his sound check. The excitement was killing me. 


We finally made it to the floor and had to wait some more before heading backstage. When it was time we were lead into a hallway where they had set up a black curtain for pictures. They went over some stupid obvious rules like no kissing, licking, or groping of Josh and only one picture and you only get 30 secs with him. By now I was really going to explode. I was trying to calm myself and remember my name. 


He finally came through the curtain. We were the 3rd in line.When it was our time I walked up to him (I think pretty normally) and introduced myself as Peg and my brother as Greg. Josh got a kick out of our names. Then I showed him the shirts and told him he was gonna keep one. At first he was confused which shirt he was gonna keep and which one I wanted him to sign. After about 15 life times seconds we all figured it out. Then Greg asked him to sign our CD to "The Mourers" and the rule guy turned around and told the rest of the line we cant ask for special signings like that but we got it. Next we got our picture taken with him and said our good byes. We shook his hand and I realized he had super soft hands, so I went back for a second shake :) He was super sweet and nice. And super cute in his glasses!

We left the hallway and went to our seats (which thanks to my brother were amazing floor seats) and I almost cried. Once the concert started Josh walks around the crowd and noticed me again. During the concert he joked and interacted with the crowd so much. he even had some fans come and sit up on stage with him and gave them wine or milk for the under age! Then while he was singing his last encore he nodded and pointed to me and my brother, we were the only ones standing up and swaying to his song "You Raise Me Up". 



In all it was the most excited I think I have ever been. We walked around the complex after the concert just taking it all in. So although I didn't get to see him this time I know that nothing could top this experience. 

Keep calm and Listen to Josh Groban
Peggy 

1 comment: